Re: Notes security question

On Fri, 22 Sep 1995, Herb Sutter wrote:

> While I'm at it, here's a question I've been wondering about recently: Why
> is it I've never heard of any security issues with Lotus Notes?  Are there
> no known weaknesses?  Or did existing weaknesses just not get much press
> because Notes isn't a commercially visible consumer product like Netscape?

Perhaps the Notes pricing scheme is sooo outrageous (by the standards of
a student like myself, and probably most others, if it's still anything
like it was at the 1.0 release) that mostpeople have had zero opportunity
to examine the program, let alone really have time to play with it?

Jon
Jon Lasser                <[email protected]>            (410)494-3072
          Visit my home page at http://www.goucher.edu/~jlasser/
  You have a friend at the NSA: Big Brother is watching. Finger for PGP key.