Re: "Gnusaic"? Why not a Gnu-Style Web Browser?

   "free" access to source code and "free" source code w/ free binaries
are too often confused. in and of itself, GNU or Stahlman are not
providing free software for whatever use.  GNU allows free distribution,
but not free commercialization --a good idea except critical maintenance
is at the time-available consideration of the author.

   Sun permits access (well, relatively free) access to their source code
for the Java Series and is actively promoting open porting. personally, I
like Java/Hot Java.

   as to a GNU-like product, I concur with TCM -it needs to be done
before the commerical interests, politicians, NSA, and assorted crooks
control the means whereby we communicate, and the browser, IMHO, has
improved our communication and access to information by many orders of
magnitude. Now, if any of the non-Gates browsers could fully support
multi-use/multi-view mail, news, and info browse at the same time....

   I have the code for Mosaic, Java, etc. --they are not trivial. and
don't forget VGML.