Re: "Notes" to be Eclipsed by "Netscape"

>person for Hewlett-Packard (about the HP internal net with 19
>worldwide connections to the Internet - by the way, allegedly
>no one has ever succeeded in breaking their firewalls)

I am unable to discuss the details of this (so dont ask), but HP's firewall
was breached way back in the early 90's. The breach was not discovered, more
upgraded over so I am unsure as to wether it is still open.

Blanket statements such as company X or firewall Y not being breached are
almost always false. One annecdote is a domain installed a firewall but didnt
bother to examine their internal hosts security. This was a mistake because
a number of hosts were *already* trojaned so an outsider could trigger the
mechanisms to allow entry seamlessly through the firewall. This is a good
arguement for keeping OS versions current.

Have a nice day.

Mark
[email protected]
The above opinions are rumoured to be mine.