SAIC Acquires Network Solutions

   *** About SAIC ***

   SAIC ACQUIRES NETWORK SOLUTIONS, INC.

   (MCLEAN, VA) March 15, 1995 -- Science Applications
International
   Corporation (SAIC) has acquired Network Solutions, Inc., a
world
   leader in networking technology and applications.

   Network Solutions, Inc. is headquartered in Herndon,
Virginia and will
   become a wholly owned subsidiary of SAIC. Terms of the
acquisition
   were not disclosed.

   Network Solutions, Inc. was established in 1979 and has
major clients
   in the federal government market, state and local market,
and
   commercial market. Network Solutions, Inc. manages the
worldwide
   registration services for the Internet and has significant
expertise
   in local and wide area interoperability technologies.
Network
   Solutions, Inc. currently supports two major Network
Information
   Centers: The InterNIC and the Defense Data Network NIC.

   "The addition of Network Solutions, Inc. to SAIC brings a
world-class
   networking business into our growing complex of
communications and
   computing capability," said Dr. J. Robert Beyster, founder,
chairman
   and chief executive officer of SAIC. "We see growth in this
market
   segment as unlimited for us in the future."

   "We are extremely pleased to have Network Solutions, Inc.
joining one
   of the most dynamic and successful growth firms in the
world," said
   Emmit J. McHenry, chief executive officer of Network
Solutions, Inc.
   "We anticipate explosive growth as we combine our networking
expertise
   and experience with SAIC, a recognized leader in information
   technology and systems integration. The size and scope of
SAIC will
   allow us to deliver our recognized excellence to a worldwide
market."

   "The acquisition of Network Solutions, Inc. is the key next
step in
   our strategy of building a full spectrum, full service
global
   information technology business," said Michael A. Daniels,
senior vice
   president and general manager of the Technology Applications
Sector of
   SAIC. "We now work with clients on major engagements in the
federal
   government market, the commercial market, and the state and
local
   government market in both the United States and overseas.
With the
   acquisition of Network Solutions, Inc. we complete the
technology
   offering of our Systems and Network Integration line of
business."

   SAIC is the largest employee-owned, high technology services
and
   products company based in the United States. SAIC has annual
revenues
   of $1.9billion, 20,000 employees and over 300 office
locations around
   the world. High technology services and products are focused
in the
   core lines of business of information technology, systems
integration,
   energy, environment, medical and health care systems and
   transportation. Founded in 1969, SAIC has completed its 26th
   consecutive year of record revenue and earnings.

   Copyright SAIC Home

    Last updated on 07-05-95