"Industry Group Rebuffs U.S. on Encryption" (NYT 8Nov95, C3)

A group of 37 companies and trade and privacy associations sent a
letter to Al Gore yesterday, complaining about Clipper-II and crypto
export controls, and promising to send their own policy proposals
to Congress and the Administration within six months.

It's a short story.  I'll leave the exact text to John Young :-).
I've heard that there's a better story in the Washington Post today, too.
I expect we'll see the letter itself within a day or two.

	John Gilmore