Re: Size of the internet economy?

On Wed, 15 Nov 1995, Robert A. Hettinga wrote:

> Lately, I heard (somewhere) that $250 million changed hands directly on
> the net in 1994, mostly credit cards. > > Is this a real number? Where
did it come from? What are estimates for 1995? > Everything on the net is
outside of a lot of traditional metrics and hard to authenticate even if
it were simple to measure. Forrester sites 250 million retail and $90
million in content revenues. By contrast, guys selling a piece of pipe
raked in $1.5 billion.

Activmedia - www.activmedia.com - does regular surveys. I just got a
breathless press release for their latest one - "WEB COMMERCE UP 1900%."
Someone must have bought tickets the lastest George Forman comeback fight
or something from a ticketron on-line kiosk. . .

Ole,

Peter