Re: Virus attacks on PGP

Thanks for the post.  I think there are a few interesting points, and
some of the things I do to try to make things more difficult for a
potential virus.

First, my secring is on a PCMCIA memory card, as is the versions of PGP,
in this case DOS and Linux.  A virus is unlikely to attack both, and when
the memory card is in, the network and modem cards are out.

Second, I think PGP is statically linked by default.  If it isn't this
shoudl be changed - there was recently a CERT alert about telnet services
being compromised by switching DLLs.  The code can also be cross compiled
and burned onto a CDROM which would make it difficult to infect.

[email protected] -or- 2015509 on MCI Mail
  finger [email protected] for PGP key