Re: towards a theory of reputation

I don't have time to write much now, but I got a request for information
on the Prisoner's Dilemma problem, so I did a web search, and found an
interesting sounding paper at <URL:
http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~smucker/ipd-cr/ipd-cr.html>.  I have not read it
yet, but according to the web page this adds to the traditional PD
simulations the feature that participants can choose whom to interact
with (rather than having to interact with everyone or with a random other
program).  Maybe "reputation" would be more important in such a
simulation since the element of choice seems to be one of the key areas
where reputation matters.  I'll try to read the paper over the holidays,
but it sounds like it might be relevant.

Hal