Re: Netscape gives in to key escrow

Jay Holovacs wrote:
| On Thu, 30 Nov 1995, Timothy C. May wrote:

| > Can Netscape continue to prosper? This latest issue won't kill it,
|
| I suspect this will unfortunately help. Stockholders are interested in
| profits, not principles. Co-oping with the feds will help Netscape get to
| the commercial market sooner, and most customers, sadly don't give a damn
| about privacy (or don't understand).

	Thats very true.  We should look at what stockholders tend to
care about (although, in the case of many internet stocks, it does
seem to be 'a bigger fool').

	One thing that stockholders do care about is liability.  Its
my (non lawyerly) opinion that anyone implementing GAK without a
government mandate to do so is opening themselves up to huge liability
the Clipper database of keys gets out.

Adam

					               -Hume