Re: Barring access to Netscape

>> >Shouldn't be too hard to hack this into Apache.
>
>	Should my commercial release of Apache/SSL include this? ;-)
>(I could make it into a configuration option, so that if the
>User-Agent is Mozilla, it passes Back a Refresh: header with the
>response....)

Well, I think configurable redirects based on User-Agent would be a good
thing.  However, if you don't control the server being used you can still
use client pull to redirect on a page-by-page basis.  I've been made aware
of at least one non-Netscape browser that does client pulls, so checking the
User-Agent would be desirable, but (AFAIK) that isn't possible without
modifying the server, using cgi, or something along those lines.

I've got the perl script to automatically add (and remove) the meta-http lines
to individual pages more or less done, but I won't release it just yet
(if at all).  Jeff Weinstein's promise to make Netscape's GAK policy
publically available is an important step in the right direction.  However,
whatever their policy statement ends up saying, it should be obvious that their
level of commitment to opposing GAK is minimal at best.

                          | (Douglas) Hofstadter's Law:
Frank Stuart              | It always takes longer than you expect, even
[email protected] | when you take into account Hofstadter's Law.