Use of PGP as an export?

I think this has been brought up before, but I could only find one reference
to it in the archives and it wasn't too helpful, so I'll ask again.  If a
university provided a copy of PGP for use on their unix machines and a
non-resident, non-citizen *used* the copy of PGP on the server, but did not
download it onto their own machine, but instead just ran PGP on the server
alone, would it be a violation of the ITAR?  My school is interested in
putting a copy of PGP on the university server and wants to know if they
should somehow restrict access to citizens and legal residents only.  Thanks.
Ted Cabeen                                                  [email protected]
Finger for PGP Public Key                        [email protected]
"I have taken all knowledge to be my province."            [email protected]