     Subject: Re: Timing Cryptanalysis Attack
     Author:  Nathaniel Borenstein <[email protected]> at Internet-usa
     Date:    12/11/95 2:41 PM

     Hey, don't go for constant time, that's too hard to get perfect.  Add
     a *random* delay.  This particular crypto-flaw is pretty easy to fix.
     (See, I'm not *always* arguing the downside of cryptography!)

     It is worth noting, however, the extent to which "secure"
     cryptographic protocols keep needing to get fixed one last time....
     -- Nathaniel --------
     Nathaniel Borenstein <[email protected]>       | (Tense Hot Alien In Barn)
     Chief Scientist, First Virtual Holdings | VIRTUAL YELLOW RIBBON:
     FAQ & PGP key: [email protected]       |
     http://www.netresponse.com/zldf