Re: Netscape announces position against GAK

On Tue, 12 Dec 1995, Ginger Warbis wrote:

> >> Well I for one, am serious unsatisfied, but it is not so bad as
> >> to merit a campaign against Netscape.
> >
> >I think it's a good start.  I would like to see how much effort after
> >this really pans out.  Doesn't take much to put out a policy statement.
> >Takes a lot to follow it through.
> >

> Greetings all. May I also point out that the power of self government is at
> least as effective when rewarding good behavior as when punishing bad. You
> guys are the experts in this particular political niche, but from the
> viewpoint of a more or less innocent stander-by, the statement sounded to me
> like "OK, we went, we listened, they were full of shit, the line is HERE."
> and I'm quite satisfied.

I haven't seen 'good behavior' worth much notice yet.  Like I said, it
takes about 10 minutes to come up with a written policy.  Netscape may
have done more than that, but who's to say?

I'll be impressed when I see a sustained record of activism on the issue.
Till then they are slimy corporate types.  Which, IMHO, is fine so long
as they don't claim to be anything else.

> --
> Bill & or Ginger Warbis
> [email protected] - http://fornits.com/
> "The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws."
> Tacitus, Roman senator and historian (A.D. c.56- c.115)

---
My prefered and soon to be permanent e-mail address: [email protected]
"In fact, had Bancroft not existed,       potestas scientiae in usu est
Franklin might have had to invent him."    in nihilum nil posse reverti
00B9289C28DC0E55  E16D5378B81E1C96 - Finger for Current Key Information