Re: e-mail forwarding, for-pay remailers

Rich Graves wrote:

[ about AOL ]

>They didn't check it very thoroughly last week. I think they just do some
>kind of checksum or maybe an assigned-numbers list lookup; it's too fast
>to be anything else.

It takes 6 seconds to to pre approve a card for $1 and do an AVS (Address
Verification).  If you don't have a dedicated line to your accepting bank it
takes ~25 secods with the dial up.

Well within the time it take AOL to validate an account.

John Pettitt, [email protected]
VP Engineering, CyberSource Corporation, 415 473 3065

Favorite quote: "Security is mostly a superstition. It does not
exist in nature, nor do the children of man as a whole experience
it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright
exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing." -  Helen Keller