Re: e-mail forwarding, for-pay remailers

Rich Graves <[email protected]> writes:
> AOL will, however, accept a bogus name, address, and credit card number
> (as long as the checksum is correct) for the initial ten free hours plus
> however long it takes for the first bill to bounce.
>
> America "On Line" will also accept direct debits from an untraceable bank
> account (for this they charge a little extra).

This used to be the case.  However they've fixed this, and won't let you
use your 10 free hours until they have a valid number.

I've been told that Compuserve still accepts any credit card number as long
as the checksum is valid.  I haven't tried it. (Note that as long as you're
only using the "free hours", you're not stealing any services.)

---