Political Cleanup program

Politics is traditionally corrupt, it appears, because donors to politicians
and political campaigns expect a quid pro quo for their donations.  Various
unsatisfactory solutions include campaign spending limits, etc.

It occurs to me that it would be a major advance if a system could be set up
that would "blind" campaign donations as to their source:  The donor could
be satisfied that his donation gets to the candidate or cause, but the
candidate couldn't know  who actually paid the money (and the donor would be
unable to prove that he made a donation, for example).  Admittedly there are
a lot of details that need to be worked out, but if this could be
accomplished it would change politics as we know it.