RSA Data v. Cylink hearing

Another hearing in the public-key patent saga.

Cylink/CKC is going for a preliminary injunction against RSA Data
for contributory infringement of the Stanford patents.

RSA Data has a license to the Stanford patents, but has no sublicensing
authority.  It has been selling RSA & Diffie-Hellman toolkits and
telling customers that they don't need PKP or Stanford patent
licenses, and even indemnifying those customers against a patent
infringement claim.

An arbiter has already ruled that RSA Data's license does not cover
customers shipping products.

Of course I take the position that these patents are invalid, and
now that Bidzos has lost control of them, he suddenly agrees with me.
(Sorry, no ruling yet in my case.  Stay tuned.)  But RSA Data lawyers
will have to stand up in court and say that after enforcing the
Stanford patent against all public-key users for 5 years, RSA Data
suddenly had a revelation that the Stanford patents are invalid
after all.  It should be amusing.

2:00 pm, Thurs., Jan. 4, 1996
RSA Data v. Cylink/CKC, Case C-95-03256 WHO
SF Federal Bldg, court #7, Judge Orrick
450 Golden Gate Ave
Directions: Take 9th up from Market -- it turns into Larkin and
the federal bldg is on the corner with Golden Gate Ave.
docket clerk: 415-522-2060

Roger Schlafly

	phone: 408-476-3550
	CompuServe: 76646,323
	US Mail: PO Box 1680, Soquel, CA 95073 USA
	Internet: [email protected]