Re: CFS and Linux

> > Is there anyone out there that has CFS running with Linux ?
> >
> > It installs fine on BSDi 2.0 but I'm unable to install it
> > under Linux, I would appreciate it if some one would help
> > me out.
> >
> >  -AJ-
>
> I don't run Linux, and every time I open my mouth it seems to provoke
> a flame-fest, but I'll risk responding anyway.
>
> I'm told that all version of CFS since 1.0.4 (the latest is 1.3.1)
> do work out-of-the-box under *some* releases of Linux and with some
> coaxing on the others.
>
> I'm not sure exactly what problem you're having, but the most common
> CFS-Linux problem that people complain about has to do with the rpcgen
> output not being in the format expected by the rest of CFS.  There
> seem to be two things you can do about this:  get a version of rpcgen
> that generates the "standard" (original Sun) names for the functions it
> generates, or just grab the rpcgen output from the cfs-users mailing list
> archive ("echo help | mail cfs-users-request@research att.com" for details).

I would like to thank all people who gave me pointers; with the
help of my sysadmin at Utopia we were able to compile and install it.

two comments for matt thoo:

 1: please make it install 'out-of-the-box' on Linux.

 2: please rename the ssh shell programm,
    it did overwrite my ssh/slogin programm.

All things said; thanks for really wonderfull programm.

 -AJ-

ps: Merry Xmas and a Happy NewYear 2all !