Re: Java and timing info - second attempt

At 10:31 PM 12/18/95 -0800, Jeff Weinstein <[email protected]> wrote:
>  In Netscape Navigator 2.0 Java and JavaScript do not have access
>to crypto routines.  At some point in the future this will probably
>change, but only after we understand the implications much better
>than we do today.

Doug and/or Amanda Barnes posted some Java crypto stuff a while back,
I think using RSAREF; don't know the platform issues.

As far as timing goes, Bad Guys can always run accurate timing on
their own machines, even if Innocent Victims don't on theirs.
However, it may be worthwhile to allow the Java browser users
to set the resolution on the clocks available to Java scripts.
#--
#				Thanks;  Bill
# Bill Stewart, [email protected], Pager/Voicemail 1-408-787-1281
# .... Heading back to The Big Phone Company