bashing (fwd)

Forwarded message:
Subject: bashing
To: [email protected] (Alex Strasheim)
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 1995 19:04:04 -0500 (EST)

> > 	1 - You must top slandering people.
> > 	2 - You must stop using anonymity as a way to avoid being responsible.
>
> No.
>
> You must learn how to decide whether or not you want to believe something
> by looking it's plausibility and where it came form, and when you do learn
> that you need to realize that other people know how to do it as well.

I'm all for believing or not believing based on your understandings, but
this is not the same as slander or irresponsible behavior hidden behind
false identity.

I'm also in favor of anonymity, but not for the purpose of slander.
There are a lot of good and valid reasons for anonymity, and I believe
that it is a basic requirement of freedom, but we will lose the ability
to be anonymous if enough of us abuse the freedom.

> Don't blame anonymity for your own or others' inability to think critically.

I don't and didn't blam anonymity for this.  I blame people who hide
behind anonymity as a way to be irresponsible without apparent recourse.

Evaluating statements and giving your opinion is not the same as making
insluting, untrue, and crude remarks about individuals.

-> See: Info-Sec Heaven at URL http://all.net/
Management Analytics - 216-686-0090 - PO Box 1480, Hudson, OH 44236