Re: CFS and Linux

At 11:40 PM 12/20/95 -0500, Matt Blaze wrote:

>I'm told that all version of CFS since 1.0.4 (the latest is 1.3.1)
>do work out-of-the-box under *some* releases of Linux and with some
>coaxing on the others.

I am wondering if he is compiling for ELF.  That seems to throw a good size
monkey wrench into just about every piece of software out there.  (At least
the ones that have not been written to take the ELF paculiarities into account.)

>I'm not sure exactly what problem you're having, but the most common
>CFS-Linux problem that people complain about has to do with the rpcgen
>output not being in the format expected by the rest of CFS.  There
>seem to be two things you can do about this:  get a version of rpcgen
>that generates the "standard" (original Sun) names for the functions it
>generates, or just grab the rpcgen output from the cfs-users mailing list
>archive ("echo help | mail cfs-users-request@research att.com" for details).

I think you may be right on this one.  I have heard of a few other things
having problems with Linux's version of rpcgen.  (The names of which are not
coming to mind...  Need more coffee.)

[rest of reply deleted because I had nothing to say about it]

ObNoise:
>NB to "Bill Gates" and friends:  To save you the trouble of pointing it out,
>I hereby admit that I'm a commie-fascist brainwashed sold out member of the
>military-industrial complex who has been programmed by his masters to
>infiltrate the cypherpunks in order to sap and impurify their precious
>bodily fluids.

I think that the mention of Mr. Bill as a "good guy" is the most effective
use of agent provoceteur-type behaviour I have seen on this list yet.

We know who Mat and Jeff work for.  Who do the anon-flamers work for?

|   Remember: Life is not always champagne. Sometimes it is REAL pain.   |
|"The moral PGP Diffie taught Zimmerman unites all| Disclaimer:          |
| mankind free in one-key-steganography-privacy!" | Ignore the man       |
|`finger -l [email protected]` for PGP 2.6.2 key |  behind the keyboard.|
|         http://www.teleport.com/~alano/         |  [email protected]  |