Re: a new idea: stocks == currency

> I've not seen promoted by any single author yet (although I have seen
> some prominent cpunks argue the opposite).

There was a book written some time ago called "SuperMoney" that basically
argues this point (that stocks were not only money, they were *better*
than money).

One example would be a deposit at a bank.  How can you tell if there is a
potential solvency problem at the bank?  One quick and easy check is to
look at the value of the stock of the bank!

You see this behavior in currencies when you are exchanging a stronger one
for a weaker one or vice versa :-)

PS: I read Prechter's "turn of the tidal wave" book over the holidays, and
although it is mostly dry, it is an interesting read.

Regards,

Mark Hittinger
Netcom/Dallas
[email protected]