Compuserve *hasn't* banned newsgroups

So I'd heard that CompuServe had banned access to all those naughty
newsgroups including my favorite alt.binaries.erotic.senior-citizens.  Could
this be true?  I fired up my CompuServe Internet Dialer (the PPP software
packaged with WinCim and logged on to the nets.  Sure enough.  The popular
binaries groups were missing from news.compuserve.com.  But not to be
deterred...

I grabbed a copy of the Free Agent newsreader:

http://www2.interpath.net/forte/agent/freagent.htm

ftp.forteinc.com/pub/free_agent/fagent10.zip

I grabbed the latest list of open NNTP Servers from:

http://dana.ucc.nau.edu/~jwa/open-sites.html

I pointed my copy of Free Agent at CPCNET's open news server (198.70.185.5)
and grabbed a list of groups sure enough, there were the seasoned citizens
in all their glory.  And I was checking out those binaries via CompuServe.

Don't tell the Bavarians.

DCF