Re: Meeting notes from ANSI X.9 Meeting on Electronic Payment

  [email protected] (Robert Hettinga)  writes:
>>        It doesn't appear that these people seem to care about
>>  cash-like anonymous token-based payment schemes. Is that a valid
>>  assesment? What is needed to make these people start caring about
>>  that?
> My guess is, they won't. Ever.
>
> <Elmer Gantry [snip]>

Reality check.

Accountants _know_ how to do books that deal with cash.
Most small business keep their books on a cash basis.
Cash was how the world worked until recently.

Accountants know how to meet acceptable auditing standards when
transactions are in cash. I learned this from the CPA I live
with.

Seems to me this list doesn't have enough folks with a grounding in
non-technical issues. Until the last 30+ years, the world lived
on cash. I like cash. I assume I'll like electronic cash once
people remember what cash is and model it correctly.

Got to to get my beauty sleep before tomorrow's GAK export meeting...
Pat

Pat Farrell    Grad Student      http://www.isse.gmu.edu/students/pfarrell
Info. Systems & Software Engineering, George Mason University, Fairfax, VA
PGP key available on homepage               #include <standard.disclaimer>