Geodesic Payment Systems? (was Re: Meeting notes from ANSI X.9 Meeting on Electronic Payment)

Nathaniel Borenstein writes:

 > A true geodesic structure is self-supporting and self-structuring.  A
 > cryptographic infrastructure can and should be similar, I agree
 > completely.  However, a *monetary* infrastructure needs convertability,
 > and the points of conversion are always the best targets of attack for
 > criminals.

Ah!  You mean the criminals seeking to exploit the conversion, not
criminals using the anonymity of the system for income secrecy.  I got
a little confused right there.

-russ <[email protected]>    http://www.crynwr.com/~nelson
Crynwr Software   | Crynwr Software sells packet driver support | PGP ok
11 Grant St.      | +1 315 268 1925 voice | Flushing, NY.  Not just a suburb,
Potsdam, NY 13676 | +1 315 268 9201 FAX   | it's a good idea in general.