Re: Solution for US/Foreign Software?

One potential "clean room" solution would be to publish precise interface
specifications for the product. Overseas vendors and users could produce
their own patches that match the interface. This is of course a kind of
"hook", and the gov may sabre-rattle about it but I doubt it will stand
up in court. Certainly publishing specs is no different than publishing
"Applied Cryptography".

Jay Holovacs <[email protected]>
PGP Key fingerprint =  AC 29 C8 7A E4 2D 07 27  AE CA 99 4A F6 59 87 90
 (KEY id 1024/80E4AA05) email me for key