Re: Is there a lawyer in the house?

> > You mean if you give me your key the police can get it from me without a
> > warrant? What if I don't want to give it up, and you don't? How would the
> > police get it without a warrant?
>
> Yes.  Unless it could be shown there their was an expactation of privacy
> in the transfer, or that there was an understanding that you intended this
> to be a confidential matter.  Or in the alternative, that the

	I do not understand.

Alice has Alice gives Bob her key.  Cop wants Alice's key.  Cop tells
Bob "I want Alice's key, you need to give it to me. I don't have a
warrant."

How is this different from
Bob has key. Cop want's Bob's key. Cop tells Bob "I want your key,
you need to give it to me. I don't have a warrant."

	sheesh, what a fucked up legal system.
--
sameer						Voice:   510-601-9777
Community ConneXion				FAX:     510-601-9734