the X.9 Electronic Payments ANSI standard

	My inquiries regarding Rich's post of the X.9 informal notes
were rather fruitful. The chair of the working group seems interesting
in including anonymous token-based payment systems in the standard, "I
see no reason, other than interest, for the group to avoid
non-account-based payment systems, to complement the account-based
payment systems that we are now in the process of standardizing."

	Someone from Citicorp pointed me to http://www.llnl.gov/fstc
and asked for my feedback.

	These people do seem interested in anonymous systems, they
just don't have anyone who knows the stuff to work on it.

--
sameer						Voice:   510-601-9777
Community ConneXion				FAX:     510-601-9734