Re: revised time quantization package (Unix & WIN32) available

AT&T Spokesman Matt Blaze writes:
blah blah
>There are (basically) no restrictions on the use or distribution
>of the (very simple) code.

This is simply untrue. Read the fine print in the file. Use this code
and you owe them big. They'll "reach out and touch" you big time.
If they were serious, they'd gpl it.

>Get it from:
>	ftp://research.att.com/dist/mab/quantize.shar
>
>The quantize package is also part of Jack Lacy's cryptolib package
>(watch this space for details).

I don't understand why this group continues to tolerate these blatently
commercial messages from att (and netscape.) (The message is
really just an ad for the cryptolib product, as it says). I've also said
this b4 but I'll say it again: why would anyone in their right mind trust
binary code from att after the clipper fiasco.

And why do we tolerate Jeff Weinstein and Mat Blaze calling themselves
cypherpunks, when they are so clearly just working us for their
corporate interests? I wonder how much they get paid to monitor this
list?