Which countries don't allow encryption ?

Hi all,

Apologies in advance if anyone feels this is off topic...

I'm trying to address the following issue: people at
my company need to exchange sensitive information with
their colleagues abroad (e.g. East Europe, or Southern
America).

Of course, the most obvious way to protect our data
is to encrypt everything, regardless how we communicate
(either via e-mail or sending magnetic media).
So we should use PGPi, but...it seems to me there
is a _problem_.

I read somewhere that Russian law forbids the use on
encryption: is this correct ?

Let me generalize this first question: which countries
in the world don't allow encryption usage, or encrypted
traffic inside their boundaries ?  or allow, but provided
certain conditions are satisfied ?

2nd question: which way(s) could we meet the laws in, let
me say, East Europe while protecting our info ?
(I'd like to avoid giving away our keys, as I'd requested
-possibly- in France, so maybe encryption is not suitable).

Please e-mail directly to me, since I'm not a subscriber
of this list (I tried it, but it is a too high volume and
specialization level for me).

Thanks in advance,

Franco Visentin
( [email protected] )