Re: The Problem With Blaze And Weinstein

ECafe Anonymous Remailer writes:
> I'm not trying to start a flame war.

Really?

> They aren't cypherpunks.
>
> Neither has come out against GAK.

You obviously have never spoken to Matt.

> Blaze even does "research" on GAK.

No, he does research on private escrow. Thats not the same thing as
GAK. Private escrow is sensible -- you don't want just one person with
the keys to, say, the personel records. What happens if they get hit
by a car?

> DO THEY HAVE YOU ALL SO IMPRESSED WITH THEIR MASTERS DEGREES THAT
> YOUR AFRAID TO LOOK CLOSELY?

Actually, Matt has a Ph.D. from Princeton.

> WHY IS EVERYONE SO QUICK TO DEFEND THESE PEOPLE?

Maybe I defend Matt because I think I know him pretty well -- we met
when he showed up at the Columbia U. computer science department in
the mid 1980s, and among other things we shared an office at Bellcore
for a year or two, and he's about as cryptography and privacy friendly
a person as you can find.

Maybe I defend him because you are likely an idiot who's never so much
as chatted with him.

Maybe I'm bored.

Who knows.

Perry