Re: Canadian Cypherpunks [NOISE]

>         Is there some interest in a meeting of Canadian Cypherpunks? If
> you are a Canadian (or an American who is fortunate enough to live near
> our sainted shores ;-)) send me a private E-mail message.
>         Because Canada is such a big country, I propose that we start
> with a meeting in Toronto or area. If there is enough interest, I will
> arrange for a meeting place.

I don't think it is any more practical to have "Canadian Cypherpunks"
meetings than "U.S. Cypherpunks" meetings. Call them what they are, i.e.
regional meetings, (e.g. areas around Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver,
Quebec, Calgary-Edmonton, etc.), but I suspect that most people are
unlikely to travel in excess of 3000km for meetings which last a few
hours. For example, I expect that Vancouverites are much more likely to
travel to Seattle for a meeting than to Toronto.

My point is, don't advertise what is really a Southern Ontario regional
meeting as the meeting of "Canadian Cypherpunks". This would be like
calling the S.F. Bay Area meetings the "U.S. Cypherpunks meetings".

--
Mark Henderson -- [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]
PGP 1024/C58015E3 fingerprint=21 F6 AF 2B 6A 8A 0B E1 A1 2A 2A 06 4A D5 92 46