Re: Guerilla Internet Service Providers

At 17:14 1/1/96, sameer wrote:
>> Some site in physical space has to host the nntpd, the ftpd, and the httpd.
>> That site will be subject to search, seizure, and arrest and conviction of
>> owner.
>
>        Said site, however, can be located in a different jurisdiction
>than the laws.

Seems to me that the laws are becomming unified on a global scale. The
people in power all over the world have the same interests. To stay in
power. The 'unregulated' Internet is in direct confilict with this
interest. Since these powers make the laws, they will use the laws to
reduce the threat the present day Internet presents.

Will C2 carry certain newsgroups/info after doing so has become a felony?
Who wants to be an 'illegal data' kingpin and face execution? (Kingpins are
'data trafficers' that carry more than 1.5 Megs of 'controlled
information'.)

-- Lucky

-- Lucky Green <mailto:[email protected]>
   PGP encrypted mail preferred.