Re:US calls for measures against Internet porn

On Jan 03, 1996 14:47:35, '[email protected]' wrote:

>My original post, "US calls for measures against Internet porn" was a
>satire. The entire point was that, by changing a few words in the
>"China calls for measures against Internet porn" story, a statement by
>a totalitarian communist regime could be made to look like official US
>policy. Obviously, the project was a success, as people are taking it
>seriously in spite of the fact that it had telltale clues, and that
>the original source was revealed.

I was going to post on this topic, especially on a paraphrase of the
(ostensible) original. I still want to, but let me play either the
skeptical or responsible journalist (reader's choice of adjectives).

Anonymous has *not* revealled the original source as he/it/she claimed.
They have asserted it came from Xinhua news agency. Will Anonymous post a
pointer to where we can access on the internet the original? News feed,
date, and time of posting, as well as message ID should suffice.

     -- tallpaul
     -- Any political analysis that fits on a bumper sticker is wrong.