Fwd: Undeliverable: Re: Massey, CEO of Compuserve, on Internet

Something else I want to know...  Why is my mail going through microsoft.com?
---------------------
Forwarded message:
From:	[email protected] (Postmaster)
To:	[email protected] ([email protected])
Date: 96-01-05 19:32:00 EST

      To:	[email protected]
      Cc:	[email protected]
      Subject:	Re: Massey, CEO of Compuserve, on Internet
      Sent:	01/04/96 18:43:35

      David Tagliani on 01/04/96 18:43:35
            The recipient name is not recognized
            [MSEXCH:MSExchangeMTA:northamerica:RED-70-MSG]

      Eric S. Hanson (NT RPC) on 01/04/96 18:43:35
            The recipient name is not recognized
            [MSEXCH:MSExchangeMTA:northamerica:RED-70-MSG]

Original Message Follows
========================

From: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Cc: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: Massey, CEO of Compuserve, on Internet
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 1996 18:43:35 -0800

>CompuServe is not location-dependant.  The network operates exactly the
>same regardless of calling location (indeed, the system doesn't even know
>where you're calling from I believe).  It is a worldwide CompuServe
>Network that people use to access it.  This network just allows dialups
>and then gets the users connected to the CompuServe computers.  The main
>computers handle all traffic.  They don't are location-independant,
>making it impossible to block access based on location.

I see two possible ways to censor German users only (but I still believe
censoring anyone is wrong).  First, the "main computers" could be told where
they are, and "censored" material could be filtered at that level before it
is sent to individual users.  Or CompuServe could release a software update
for German users.  The software would not recognize banned newsgroups.  How
difficult could that possibly be?