E-cash and Interest

I had been doing some thinking about E-cash and some of the implications.
It seems to me that there is another element in the discussion that has
not gotten very much consideration.
When you have your money in the bank, you are earning interest on the
money (albeit not very much! <g>) and that money continues to earn
interest until it is withdrawn. If you write a check to pay for
something, that ends your interest accumulation for that money.
With the E-cash systems that I have seen, you generate your own E-cash
and have it signed by a 'bank' At that moment, it becomes like cash in
your wallet and you loose interest that this money could be earning.
Has this issue been addressed, or am I missing something?
Regards,
Tim Philp

For PGP Public Key, Send E-mail to:
[email protected]