Re: PRIVACY: Private traces in public places

Responding to msg by [email protected] (t byfield) on Wed, 10
Jan 10:42 AM

>        I ain't holding my breath until someone
>develops a search engine  for Fresh Kills.

(See code relevance at end.)

For the curious, Fresh Kills is NYC's main waste archive, the
largest built structure in the US (a favorite of Japanese
techno-tourists exceeding 256 Great Pyramids of Egypt) and
still heaping.

Archeologists are indeed excavating selected spots, under
grants made after probes revealed that decomposition was not
occurring as expected. Newspapers and such were perfectly
preserved after years of burial. Due to sophisticated
engineering of the mountain to prevent dispersal, air and
moisture could not enter to lubricate return to mother earth.

However, very profitable methane gas retrieval has been taking
place for many years -- which may be a suitable metaphor for
mining electronic archives.

Now, then, code for this glop? Construction debris can be
illegally dumped at Fresh Kills with the proper
building-code-compliant green handily hooked to the side of the
dumpster for the guard.