Re: Scenario: Digital Telephony Leads to GAK

On Tue, 9 Jan 1996, Timothy C. May wrote:

> We really need to be looking to what the nations of Europe are doing (as we
> have been of course, as the crypto laws of Europe have always been
> interesting to us, even if the machinations of the U.S. get most of the
> attention, for obvious reasons).

But the latest developments, like the December meeting in Paris
and another international meeting advertized for March -96, seem
to take place on a Worl Government basis (OECD). Obviously various
national governments understand that they can't really act on their
own. I don't think the EC will propose any actual laws on their
own but together with the US, Canada, Australia and possibly Japan.

Asgaard

(formerly writing under the pseudonym 'Mats' to confuse Alta Vista
 but I don't care any more...)