Next on "Geraldo": "Darkside Hackers in Love with their Trackers"

At 4:48 PM 1/12/96, Perry E. Metzger wrote:

>PS I'm really not interested in reading large chunks of information on
>John Gilmore's or Tsutomu Shimomura's sex lives anywhere at all, but
>I'm sure there is SOME mailing list where it is relevant. Why don't
>you go and post the garbage there, eh?

On this one I have to agree with Perry.

As I started to read the item someone posted (I have mercifully forgotten
the poster) about TS in the upstairs-hot-tub-with-waterfalls and the
Nepal-returned-starstruck lovers and their "committed" relationship, I felt
I'd opened a manhole above a sewer. Or tuned in to "Sally Jesse Raphael."

"Takedown" is one book I don't plan to even flip through at the bookstore.

No offense intended to John, Tsutomo, Kevin, Julia, Kent, Katie, or John.

--Tim May