Re: Reach out! Update 01 (CypherPurists trash this)

Regarding the *67 feature to disable Caller ID:
This does not stop your ANI information from travelling with your
call.  It just sets the "privacy bit" to on.  So standard
consumer-grade Caller ID systems won't see your number.  But if the
user on the other end is receiving your call over a T1, they can use a
Dialogic voice processing card to yield your ANI, even with the
privacy bit set.
	A *much* better way to do this is the following:
Dial the Operator.
Ask him/her to dial the 800 number for you.

This will result in your ANI being (000) 000-5555 (or at least that's
what it does in Bell Atlantic land).  I tested this a couple months
ago using AT&T's 1-800-MY-ANI-IS service.  I directly dialed
1-800-MY-ANI-IS and it read back my phone number.  Then I had the
operator dial it for me and got (000) 000-5555.  This service doesn't
work anymore, YMMV.
						Dan
#define private public						[email protected]
Worcester Polytechnic Institute and The Restaurant at the End of the
Universe