New Mailing List (encrypted)

Hello everyone,

	I have installed PGPdomo on vishnu.alias.net. I've also
created a new mailing list that you can join if you wish. It's a
closed mailing list, so subscriptions must be approved. What makes
this mailing list different is that all submissions are encrypted and
all outbound messages are encrypted to the PGP key of the
recipient. This means you can discuss whatever you wish without fear
of discovery or retribution. The name of the mailing list is
cypher-list and it's home is vishnu.alias.net. The theme of the
mailing list is basically anything one might discuss about
cryptography, crypto-politics, remailers, government, Kevin Mitnick,
etc. It's kind of like cypherpunks but accepts a wider discussion
base. The difference is encryption. As mentioned above, the list is
handled in a secure fashion. I've included the help file for PGPdomo
below to assist in subscribing to the list. Here is the simplified for
for subscribing:

Send email to [email protected]

	In the body of the message specify:

subscribe cypher-list
[your PGP public key in ascii-armored format]

	You will be added to the mailing list and emailed the welcome
message.

	Here's the help file:

You have reached the J. P. and Associates "Majordomo" mailing list
manager, version 1.93.  This is a modified version of Majordomo
1.93 that includes PGP support.  Majordomo's public key is
available at:

            ftp://vishnu.alias.net/pub/majordomo.pgp

Additionally, the public key for [email protected] can be found on
the PGP keyservers.

[email protected] will accept the following commands in clear-text
(i.e no encryption): help; lists; info; and which.

All other clear-text commands must be sent to the specific list using
the email address:
	 <listname>[email protected]

Where <listname> is a valid listname without the <> characters.

In the description below, items contained in []'s are optional. When
providing the item, do not include the []'s around it.

It understands the following commands:

    subscribe <list> [<address>]

	Subscribe yourself (or <address> if specified) to the named
<list>.  subscribe commands should always be sent in clear-text to
<listname>[email protected].  Only include your PGP public key for
PGP protected lists.  We prefer (but not require) 1024 bit key
lengths.  We reject Public keys with less than 512 bits.  If
subscribing to a PGP protected list, include contact information such
as DSN or commerial phone number.

    unsubscribe <list> [<address>]
	Unsubscribe yourself (or <address> if specified) from the named <list>.

    get <list> <filename>
        Get a file related to <list>.

    index <list>
        Return an index of files you can "get" for <list>.

    which [<address>]
	Find out which lists you (or <address> if specified) are on.

    who <list>
	Find out who is on the named <list>.

    info <list>
	Retrieve the general introductory information for the named <list>.

    lists
	Show the lists served by this Majordomo server.

    help
	Retrieve this message.

    end
	Stop processing commands (useful if your mailer adds a signature).

Commands should be sent in the body of an email message to
<list>[email protected].

Commands in the "Subject:" are line NOT processed.

If you have any questions or problems, please contact
[email protected]@vishnu.alias.net.

Additional PGP information:

When submitting entries to a PGP protected list, please comply with
the following:

o encrypt the entire submission for [email protected]
  (-e option of pgp)
o use Transport Armor (.asc, radix-64, the -a option of pgp)
o sign your submissions (-s option of pgp)
o use the linefeed conversion option (-t option of pgp)

'pgp -east submission [email protected]' where submission is your
file should work nicely.

 John Perry - KG5RG - [email protected] -  PGP-encrypted e-mail welcome!
 Packet Radio - KG5RG@WA4IMZ.#SETX.TX.USA.NA
 WWW - http://www.alias.net
 PGP 2.62 key for [email protected] is on the keyservers.