Re: Novell & Microsoft Settle Largest BBS Piracy Case Ever

On Mon, 15 Jan 1996, Perry E. Metzger wrote:

> Gary Edstrom writes:
> > I saw this in a news summary today and thought that it might be of
> > interest to the list.  Sorry, but this is all of the article that I
> > have.
>
> Repeat after me:
>
> This is not software piracy punks. This is CYPHERpunks. We talk about
> cryptography and its implications on society. Software piracy isn't a
> topic around here.

Except, of course, if truly anonymous transactions were easily available
now, the people wouldn't have gotten caught AND could have made a bundle
in the process...

End of goverments = decline (but not end) of software markets?

Jon Lasser
Jon Lasser                <[email protected]>            (410)494-3072
          Visit my home page at http://www.goucher.edu/~jlasser/
  You have a friend at the NSA: Big Brother is watching. Finger for PGP key.