Hack Microsoft Promotion Gets some Press

Just FYI, and patting everybody on the back. I've tried to deflect the
credit, and at least in PC Week I was successful.

January 8th PC Week, Netwired section, only distributed in print I think
(which is odd). It mentions c2.org as a "controversial link" on the
win95netbugs FAQ, which is odd because nobody has ever complained to me
or on the newsgroups about it. But controversy sells, so that's probably
a plus anyway.

 http://www.zdnet.com/~pcweek/   (their Web server sucks, though, you might
                                  not get through)

InfoWorld, next issue, probably on the cover.

 http://www.infoworld.com/pageone/nickextra.htm

San Jose Mercury News, probably tomorrow or the next day, not sure whether
it's the main section or the computing/business section.

 http://www.sjmercury.com/
 MERCURY on America "Online"

Simson is rapidly approaching deadline and has frozen his sources, so
please disregard my last about sending anything further to him. I will
accept it and pass it on to anyone who inquires in the future. I think I
was probably too timid by half in not violating anyone's anonymity by even
forwarding notes to Simson and by not spamming Simson's mailbox, but
that's OK, it'll all come out eventually.

Watch these spaces for Microsoft's response.

 http://www.microsoft.com/windows/pr/clarifications.htm
 http://www.wagged.com/

Three cheers especially for Peter, Frank, and Sameer.

[email protected]
 http://www.c2.org/hackmsoft/
 [email protected]
 http://www-leland.stanford.edu/~llurch/win95netbugs/faq.html