Re: underground digital economy

> Certainly. There are a couple of ways, but all one needs is
> some sort of  gateway to an e-cash

This is the part that bothers me.  Wouldn't a gateway between anonymous
e-money and identified e-money would stick out like a sore thumb to
agencies tracking the flow of identified e-money?  Wouldn't identified
e-money trails start and/or terminate at the gateway?  Once the gateway is
discovered, all clients on the identified e-money side of the gateway
would be discovered.

I think the gateway could only succeed if there was a way to perform the
conversion anonymously.  But how do you anonymously generate/propagate
identified e-money?

There is probably an obvious solution, but I'm not devious enough to see
it.  One unstated assumption I have that may be confounding me is that I
assume the identified e-money system will completely replace paper money,
which will then be "discontinued".

[email protected]