Re: Elitism on Cypherpunks

Point well made, dear sir!

   i, 19 Jan 1996 17:31:29 -0800
   Date: Fri, 19 Jan 1996 17:29:22 -0800
   From: Corey Bridges <[email protected]>
   Sender: [email protected]

   At 08:55 PM 1/18/96 -0800, Alan Olsen wrote:
   >It has been said that "Cypherpunks write code".  They must do more than
   >that.  Cypherpunks need to teach.

   Just remember you brought this up...

   Not all of us even write code. Some of us write (horrors!) books! Yes, my
   brethren, I earn my pay as a lowly scribe. Do I code? Nope. Am I a
   Cypherpunk? Christ, I don't care. I'm on this mailing list; that works fine
   for me. My brain expands almost daily from contact with such seditious sods.
   Do I contribute to the health and growth of this list? Maybe. Do I preach
   the Cypherpunk doctrine through my work at my company? Definitely.

   Just thought I'd point out that we aren't all code-monkeys. (And I mean that
   in the best sense of the word.)

   Corey Bridges
   Security Documentation
   Netscape Communications Corporation