Re: Crippled Notes export encryption

Herb Sutter writes:
> >So, Lotus thinks they can fool people by back-dooring in key escrow, eh?
> >
> >Time to break out the artillery.
>
> Careful... what would YOU have done, with your customers demanding stronger
> crypto today and you unable to legally give it to them?

Set up development shop overseas for the crypto plug-ins.

The solution is obvious and easy.

By the way, I really think Netscape should simply ship Jeff and other
people to the Amsterdam office or wherever else seems reasonable and
do all the crypto work from there. It will save trouble and
hassle. U.S. citizens wanting full 128 bit over the net would then get
it from Netscape's overseas download sites. No one anywhere in the
world would be forced to use crap.

Perry