Re: Philip Zimmermann and the Press

Immediately after posting my message on press queries re AU and PZ, Perry
Metzger's post hit.

On Jan 23, 1996 20:46:37, '"Perry E. Metzger" <[email protected]>' wrote:

>I contacted Phil about the neo-Nazi attribution in the British
>press. He has apparently contacted the newspaper and it appears that
>they are probably going to print an article retracting their
>statement. I've asked him to comment here but I don't know if he will.
>
>Perry

I wrote in the previous post that I do not think that AU adopted a
responsible method of getting answers to his questions. I think that Perry
did.

Of course the question by both people was (in a limited sense) the same. So
was the importance of the question.

But the method that Perry adopted was much more responsible. I suspect it
is also more likely to elicit an answer to the question.
--
tallpaul

"To understand the probable outcome of the Libertarian vision, see any
cyberpunk B movie wherein thousands of diseased, desparate and starving
families sit around on ratty old couches on the streets watching television
while rich megalomaniacs appropriate their body parts for their personal
physical immortality."
     R. U. Sirius
     _The Real Cyberpunk Fakebook_