re: [local] Report on Portland Cpunks meeting

At 07:11 PM 1/23/96 -0800, jim bell wrote:
>At 04:26 PM 1/23/96 -0800, Alan Olsen wrote:

>>Key fingerprints should be brought on paper becuase it is not always assured
>>of having a computer there to read the disk. (We had a lap top that was
>>refusing to read disks effectivly.  We had to use on of the Habit's
>>computers.)
>
>...which, of course, had been infected the night before by a black-bag job
>by some NSA operatives with a "fiddle with PGP and make the key signatures
>come out wrong" virus...  <G!>

Well, it was only YOUR key that we were verifying!

>Paranoia strikes deep...

Into your keyring it creeps... It starts when your always afraid... Step out
of line and the orbital mindcontrol lasers will zap you away...

Alan Olsen -- [email protected] -- Contract Web Design & Instruction
        `finger -l [email protected]` for PGP 2.6.2 key
              http://www.teleport.com/~alano/
       "Is the operating system half NT or half full?"