Re: Signing nyms' keys (Was: Report on Portland Cpunks...)

At 01:42 PM 1/24/96 PST, [email protected] wrote:

>Furthermore, by signing a nym's key you place yourself at risk.  If you
>sign the nym's key with your own key -- or sign using the key of your
>own nym, and that nym is subsequently "outed" -- then anyone wishing to
>find the individual(s) behind any nym whose key you've signed can
>attempt to coerce you into revealing this information, since you have
>claimed to know it.

This is the real problem, one which doesn't (to me) have a ready solution.
If others can demonstrate that there [is|is not] some fairly straightforward
way around it, I'd be happy to read it.

Bruce Baugh
[email protected]
http://www.teleport.com/~bruceab