Re: "This post is G-Rated"

... Discussion of rating systems elided.

Does anyone have suggestions for achieving the goals of the V-Chip with
many non-govermental rating agencies?  It seems to me that empowering
parents would head off the TV/Internet censors.  Any parent who was
interested in acting as a censor for their children's TV/Internet would be
happy to pay an extra $20 or so for the technical means to achieve that
goal.  The big problem is how are the labels attached to the programs.  I
agree with Tim that it is probably imposible for individual Usenet
postings.  However is should be possible for TV programs, and whole
newsgroups.

BTW - I think that such hardware/software is a wonderful way train hackers.
 Most of the teenagers I know, know more about their home electronics than
their parents do.  And the teenagers RTFM.

Bill